Rules for Kingmaker exploration, nation building, along with house rules will be posted here. If we find something that bogs down the game or takes fun from our sessions, we will simply adapt them as we go.
– The group will get experience points for defeating enemies and obstacles but you can earn additional experience points by paying attention to the following elements:
- : Moments of in-character discussion and acting as though your character would act will earn this bonus. This is generally rewarded in the 50-100 xp range.
- : Taking time to do the legwork of planning shows investment into the game and will earn the group additional points. 50-100 Xps.
- : In between the serious moments of saving the kingdom or fighting the next big bad boss, it is nice to have some funny stories. 25-75 xps.
- : At times things may seem so dire even I do not think your characters will pull through. Sometimes it is a lucky dice roll, other times it is a brilliant last-minute idea that saves the day. It is times like this that earn a bonus 50-100 xps.
– More of a tool to mitigate meta-gaming. Without risk or surprise, games lose their luster. This is especially true for Roleplaying games as it relies heavily on the suspension of disbelief. For those that do not know what meta-gaming is, let me reference the google search that defines it as: is a broad term usually used to define any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. In other words, our characters in the game are limited to their knowledge. Using player knowledge to influence character decisions will mean a potential experience point penalty. Generally, I allow a few moments of this and then will start deducting xps from the session. Usually no more than 50-100 xps.
() () () () () () () () () () ()